26 October 2006

give in...

I have been spinning a wonderful CD that *my boyfriend* selected as a gift from my department for my birthday in August. I actually unwrapped it for the first time about two weeks ago. Good thing! Had I done so in August, I would not have been able to fully appreciate it, for at that time spiritually I would not have been ready to have appreciated it, hence the possibility of squandering a source of inspiration.

The CD is *In the Red* by Tina Dickow. It is beautiful, amazing, her voice results in a fragile gentleness that comes from passion. So much so that I am going to drive to Berlin in November to see her in concert, the very day that I go to orally defend my thesis. It will be a wonderful way to start celebrating my graduation, or rather emancipation, from two years of hard work.

There is a song that makes me soar inside, and coupled with the brat-mobile with the windows down, barrelling (if one could do so with a 1.3 liter engine) down the motorway at 130 km per hour, I am in my own private concert, singing to

…give in: to your confusion,

leave it behind, then change your mind, take what you find, it will be good enough.

Take the jump is what I perceive is the soul of this song. We tend to be confused, *its always a guess which way is best*, only to be so overwhelmed with what to do that we end up not doing anything—whatever that *anything* may be. It could be going for the love of your life, taking a promotion. That confusion can make us immobile, and the *anything* will not come to fruition.

We have conversed on what can hold us back, why we do not take the jump and make informed decisions along the way. This song does put many things into perspective, and I encourage you to either get the CD (it is wonderful in its entirety) or go to her web site to listen to *Give In*:
www.tinadico.com

On the flip—what if the confusion is a sign that *when in doubt, go without*? What if we are not to act at this point, and the *confusion* is that red flag that tells us to take pause?

Or, should we stop rationalizing our choices, take a decision, and go for it? The confusion could very well be the signal that it is time to grow…

Definitely can be a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation. Either way, as long as our decision comes from a good place in our hearts and minds, that our intentions are healthy and our goal is to create harmony, goodness and understanding, we usually end up making the ideal choice.

question: what is your confusion?

1 comment:

peder said...

I think you've hit the spot. Circling around the same subject I must admit :o) but it sounds right. Even though it may sound a bit tacky. Decisions taken from a good place in our hearts and minds can't be all bad.

My decisions seem to be simple these days. The important ones anyway. I have no illusions as to that will continue. But at the moment it is so. Have hit a bit of calm water (still watching that film by the way :o) Ok, yes I am backtracking in my comments here... I believe it's simply my little girl that does it. My little tomato :o)

Which brings me to tell you one thing, which I will have to explain to you, hopefully at work tomorrow. That is: Thank you so much!