01 February 2007

empty handed...

I have no idea where to start this entry… so much has been going on between the heart, mind and soul these past few weeks that I can honestly say, for the first time, I am feeling rather

…empty handed: minus thoughts, feelings you name it, nothing salient to offer at this moment.

Ah, silence, maybe? Empty headed feels more like it.

Or it could be total exhaustion! Work has me all over Europe and tomorrow I am off to get away for the weekend. Then Monday it starts with the travelling again (yea) and the following weekend, albeit was to go skiing, finds me at home. After next weekend, no trips, no travel for a while. Just as well, for there are things that need to be tied up here in DK.

As I was struggling to get home this morning and all through last night while stuck in Frankfurt, I held on to the notion of trusting the process. I was to be home from Milan last night, yet thanks to fog, diverted aircraft, 2 hour unplanned bus ride to get to said aircraft, in the air late and missing my connection, I kept thinking *what is to intersect my life due to the unexpected*? Other than getting home the next day dog tired. Why did I need to be away from home a little longer? What is out there to greet me that I would have ordinarily missed had things gone as planned?

On the flip—when do we feel, and when should we get busy getting silent? Or shut off the thinking for a bit, how to do it? Stay busy? When to rest and absorb? When we slow down, don’t we tend to think a little too much?

Balancing between the above even I have found to be tough as of late. I am starting to wonder if I need to just let go a bit, quit replaying everything in my head. Then again, I also need to forgive myself too, heck, it has been not even two weeks… I have allowed myself to feel, and I am wondering, just maybe, if the busyness is a way to protect myself. Even for a few days. Maybe it is part of the process of adjusting to the changes as of late.

Lene is correct. I think too much at times!!! Any tips on how to *just be*? And as I reread this, I see that (once again) my need to know what is coming up surfaces…

I look forward to understanding from a broader perspective why the past few weeks and several months occurred, and what it is meant for my life. You know, that *oh NOW I get it* moment!

There are many variables in play, even though I do not know what is going on with the other side. And yes, tempting to reach out, for of course there could be some clarity, yet I did not choose to go alone, so… only time will tell, and hence trust the process.

As demonstrated, I too am having a heck of a time doing so. My mind is working overtime, and I need to just let that go. Thought circles are endless, are they not? Tips on how to break it?

I think I will start with laundry to blunt the overthinking, packing for my trip (well, unpack, repack). And ready for a weekend full of new people, places and things-- the anticipated unexpected and the beauty that comes along with it.

question: when do you ramble?

No comments: