16 February 2007

we cannot...

Yeah, big Friday night sitting quietly doing nothing.

I was asked by my colleague, *turn that frown upside down*, what I have planned for the weekend… nada! I have zippo plans, nice after travelling a ton and this past week at work was insane. No sleep, so needless to say when I got home today I took a nice nap.

Of course my mind wandered a bit, thinking about all that has transpired over the past year and a little more focused upon recent events.

As mentioned earlier, logic is the opiate of those who are afraid of their feelings. Those who choose to run, often times, do it in the guise of being needed elsewhere. Part of that is feeding the need to be wanted and having to be needed by others on a level where they are not really challenged to love and grow. Regardless,

…we cannot: save people, all we can do is give them choices and opportunities.

The rest is up to them.

Terrible how at times we think we can rescue people. Yet the honest truth is that we can only change the world around us by changing ourselves, and that is it. And by running to rescue, we are feeding into our personal myth that the *saving* will change us, that others will see something in us that will make them want to choose us. Plus, rescuing may rob others of their growth process too.

There is a saying in Danish that translates to *the cat walking around the hot porridge*. Why do some choose to dance around the issues? Dance around us? Dance around life, as opposed to being self honest, confronting fears and just going for it? And how do we separate the times when we want to rescue from *going for it*?

On the flip—what if running away is the way to self rescue? What if we do not let others keep on with their myth?

Of course we can see through the BS. Yet there is not much we can do, other than let the person go through their process and live through their illusional myth. It may be the very process they need to go through in order to change themselves, therefore changing the world.

Think about it… although we may not like what others choose, it does create new opportunities!

question: what is your myth?

2 comments:

Wellstone 13 said...

My myth for a few years now is that I need not take action, make risks, put myself out there, and that love will come to me. That I will realize when I am face to face with one who I am to be with, but I don't have to do anything to get into that situation. So, sorry match.com, unless I break my myth, I am not into computer dating services.

ignorant bliss said...

that is an intersting thought!

done the computer thing... and it (at least for me) did not work out. and i thought people could only read the stamp on my forehead in person...

i personally like putting myself out there, not all the time, just enough to be a participant and not an observer.