23 February 2007

off again...

I have another blogspot where I explore my feelings. I guess you can call it my *processing center*. I like to compartmentalize things, blending all subjects and intentions into one big pot is a challenge.

So on http://unearthed-bliss.livejournal.com/ I explored people, places and things and how we get hurt. And how we cope… so I am

…off again: on a new adventure.

Next stop: the US. CT, again!

“Things cannot hurt us, places cannot hurt us. People with things and in places can. I guess that is why I like planes”.

Living abroad can be suffocating, and I have to find my way to *dance out of my constriction* every now and then. So it is off to follow my passion for righting the world and correcting injustice by attending a “Withdraw the Troops” rally in Hartford, Connecticut on St. Patrick’s Day. Plus see my dad, some of the fam, and possibly tend to a little biz.

I realize that I seek solace through travelling, and yes it can perceivably be that I am running. I see it as a healthy escape, just like listening to music. The core of me was raised moving, it makes up who I am and I have embraced it. Travelling equals comfort. Plus, I tend to reconnect with myself when absorbed in my culture for a little bit. My ex even notices that I am more charged up when I return. I feel more integrated and more of a participant here when I quench my thirst.

It could also be that I associate good times with flying, for when I was growing up I looked forward to hopping on the plane in the summer time to visit my dad.

I have learned that there are several things that keep my world humming along—music, getting involved in causes, driving fast and putting myself in new and challenging situations. Here, well, my music (old school hip hop and R&B) is found nowhere, so I reactivated my SIRIUS satellite subscription via the internet and I do feel better. I go home and get involved, since here it can be tough to do for several reasons. That is how I nurture myself. My music and need to get involved in causes are my remedies for my need to feel needed, have a sense of belonging and validated. I drive fast (the only driving law I break is the speed limit, nothing else), listening to music and singing along. Albeit I wish I had my satellite radio in the car like I did at home!

On the flip—what if we cannot escape, or do not know how? What if we feel that we do not deserve the validation our soul needs, afraid to healthfully nurture our spirits?

It would be denying ourselves the ability, inherit right, to become beautiful people. We can only give back when we are charged up and excited about life.

question: what is your escape?

No comments: