04 February 2007

the inspiration...

What an amazing weekend!

After returning from Switzerland a few weeks ago, I decided that night to throw myself out there and go to a place I have never been. SAS.dk, cheap tix and two weeks later, I find myself in Warsaw this weekend. Not knowing a soul, except for a friend of a friend (whom I have never met before) who was at the airport with friends in tow for a fun filled weekend.

Friday night was dinner with a few, pretty low key. Then Saturday came, finding myself at a party with over 50 people, meeting new faces and all walks of life. After leaving the party about 1:30am and planning on turning in for the evening, a few rescued me from the hotel for a fun night in downtown Warsaw with amazing conversation.

The subject wandered around life in general, what makes us get up in the morning. The focus narrowed on writing and what is

…the inspiration: that moves people and the world they occupy.

It came to two things:

being in love and heartbreak

Interesting, and rather truthful. Do we ever get profound without being in love, or having our heart break?

And I thought about the silence that comes—that serenity when things are in place and there is no chaos. It seems that when we are there, we are moving yet not being moved.

On the flip—could it be that while we are moving, we are just taking the energy that has moved us and putting it into action? Or are we fooling ourselves by being busy so that for a bit we turn off the thoughts and shelve the feelings for a bit?

When in love and when heartbroken, creativity is abound. That quiet, introspective creativity. As healing progresses, it seems that life picks up again and going through the motion is simple and fulfilling. That could very well be why my previous entry was so, uh, scattered. I may have caught myself transcending the pain from the weeks before at the very moment and embarking upon the silence. Process in motion, time shall tell.

question: when are you inspired?

2 comments:

addie said...

Oh Ive been wanting to go there so bad. Maybe that should be my little side trip in March

ignorant bliss said...

It was wonderful indeed! I had an amazing time, just flying by the seat of my pants, running with a crowd that I did not even know!