06 November 2006

the update...

Yes, I have been out of pocket as of late!

As you know from the beginning of our conversations, I made the “executive decision” to volunteer my time in the worthy fight to change the course of American politics. It is about 9:30pm now as I sit in my hotel room in Meriden, Connecticut. I am exhausted, we out of staters have been going like mad getting all of the bases covered in our ground game to get out the vote. So this evening is time for

…the update: on changing the face of the world we know

when we put our energies forward in getting the world back into balance.

I got in to CT early yesterday morning, I am working out of the Ned Lamont HQ in Meriden, and it is the home base for all out of staters that are here to help in the campaign. I have met most of the FDL gang (they are MORE than amazing!!!—Deb, Lisa, Susan and John), spoken to CT Bob (who I will meet tomorrow night, yea!), and was even able to snag some chat time and a photo with the infamous Tom Swann, the campaign manager. Wow…

So we have been up before 5am each morning, hitting the ground and getting our game on. Yesterday consisted of canvassing neighborhoods, then returning to HQ to get boxes ready for the big day on Tuesday. Today was on the road by 6am to hit major intersections with signage to increase visibility. Oh, and a detour to the local urgent care clinic… long story. And my alarm is set for 4:45am now, for I have to poll watch at 6am. Polls close at 8pm tomorrow, and we are getting very excited!!!

The face here that needs to be changed is the course of US politics. The starting point is by getting progressive Democrats into office, and with Dean’s 50 state strategy we are well on our way.

On the flip: what if the face does not change… I do not even want to go there. It is back to the wish again, my eyes are closed, I am approaching the candles, yet everyone here is doing the same and shares the same wish and we all know it. I hope that when I hit this page tomorrow, I can proudly say that the Senator for CT is Ned Lamont.

question: in your pursuit of making a difference, what is your *what if*?

(yes, long day… going to bed….)

1 comment:

peder said...

My what if is probably: what if I don't make a difference. But you always are, in some small way at least. And at least to yourself.

By now I know the result and I was sorry to hear that Ned Lamont didn't get elected. In spite of your and your fellow volunteer helper's efforts. Don't despair, you've probably made a big statement, and there are more elections to come :o)