26 November 2006

sewing kit...

sewing kit…

Once again, I am about a mile high, yet this time I am “pseudo blogging”. I am on my way back to Copenhagen from Zürich, after an amazing weekend of a lifetime.

As for the “pseudo blogging”—well, as you all know, I adore SAS for they have internet access on their flights overseas. Since this time I am travelling domestic, no net on board (sigh). Instead I am writing my entries now and will post them when I arrive.

So I was putting just a wee bit more thought into the last couple of conversations we had, and an interesting opportunity arose this past weekend that allows me to appreciate further the little gifts that we have sprinkled throughout our lives. Let’s just leave it at the fact that I was holding back, in fear of having to find a little

…sewing kit: to mend potential breaks of the heart

that would have potentially arisen had I not shared, or most importantly, had I not been asked as to why I was perceivably sad. Wow.

Usually we are easy to read, yet it takes a brave and loving individual to ask, implore and dig to find us when we are in that moment. Those kinds of people are rare to find and they are beautiful people. They are not afraid to ask, for they are not afraid to help, love, nurture or feel the pain with you. Yet it takes a level of vulnerability on our end to open up, allowing that person to come into our lives. And actually, vulnerability on their end as well, for they risk getting hurt just as we do. What an absolute selfless act.

On the flip—what if we hold back what we are feeling, especially when the person asks, in the spirit of loving kindness? Would that not change the course of things, meaning our inability or choosing not to share… would that not slowly kill our spirit to the point that we change? And knowing that, is it not worth it at the end of the day to take the risk and share?

There was a noticeable change in me for a while, the fire in my eyes dwindled a bit as I was carrying the sadness and it was noticed. I was asked after some time as to why, and I will have to say it was at a safe, fun and comfortable moment (these beautiful people have an excellent sense of timing, too). I took the risk and shared. Worth it indeed.

I have learned to share now, especially when the person in front of you puts you above all else. Let them do it, let them act on it, and give back. Take the risk… another notch in growth and development indeed.

question: what is the color of your thread?

No comments: