09 November 2006

this is...



I have FINALLY gotten the hang (I think) of uploading images onto my blog.

So I guess we shall see how this test run will work, for I would like to post my pic onto my profile, and with that

...this is: me, untouched, black and white

leaving to the imagination the colors that make up who I am.

I have always found B&W photos to be the most astonishingly beautiful ways to capture the essence of life-- whether it be people, nature or architecture-- and its mystery for us to interpret individually.


On the flip-- could it be that we are drawn to B&W, for it is reflective of a simplicity that is inherently not attainable, in the sense that the grey zones are omitted? After all, when looking at life and its eccentricities, it is full of grey areas and nothing ever seems as cut and dry and B&W.

Speaking of cut and dry, later I will post a few pics from the 72 hour push I participated in CT with the Ned Lamont campaign, along with insights. It was an amazing experience, there were so many brilliant people participating from the ground up this past weekend, that I am still absorbing everything that transpired. And , of course, to *pen* these thoughts will take some energy, for overall it was an overwhelming experience.

question: what is your B&W?

4 comments:

ignorant bliss said...

ok... it did not work! apparently the file is too big! :(

stay tuned, though, for pics in the coming days of some of the beautiful people i came across while in CT!

peder said...

Wrong - the picture is there :o) I picked it up sitting here in _my_ hotel room in southern Texas, so you have your face out there in the wide world for sure!

Keep more pictures coming :o)

peder said...

Talking about pictures I think that black&white is still the artists choice perhaps because it is not B&W, but in all tones of grey shading. Colors seem to be more B&W than B&W if anyone gets my meaning... Because you dont see the transitions as good i think.

Which brings me to think of people who tend to see the world in B&W. Im happy to see that there are fewer in the US now than before. Good for you - and us!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes - It worked. You are definitely looking beutiful as always.
And it makes me think ? What is your cup of coffee ?