24 September 2006

executive decision...

How about Ned Lamont?

I have been following his campaign early on this year, and as I watched each day pass I could not help but get excited. Here is a man of true values, who not only espouses them but lives them, dedicated to getting our democracy back on track.

Last week, at the local Bodega, the thought of going to CT to volunteer crossed my mind. Heck, made me insane! So yesterday morning I made the...

executive decision: hop on a plane and go do it!

Yup, SAS website, drop some change (thank you Mastercard) and on 04 Novmeber I will be setting foot in Newark to grab some wheels and head up the I-95 corridor. Many thanks are due to CT Bob, who is helping me connect with the Lamont campaign, gave me excellent toll tips, found a cheap set of wheels and who is also helping me find a temporary pad to crash.

This is the election of a lifetime, and it reminds me of the Clinton-Gore campaign in 1992-- that energy, the turning point. Lamont is the cure for what ails the DC Beltway. His election to the Senate is the signal of change.

So needless to say, you will get blog updates while I am there! And how cool is this... SAS has internet access in the cabin, so I can blog while flying over Greenland.

question: what would make you hop on a plane to cross the world?

No comments: