15 September 2008

being a brat...

There is no other place in this world we spend more time at than at our jobs. Well, ok, there is a tie between that and waiting at red traffic lights.

So, the relationships that we have at the office are important, everyone contributes to our lives in such special ways, and living in the moment is even more sacred (well, to me) when at the office for we pass so much time together. Albeit the meetings are a drain.... yet I diverge.

Today Xavier and I are rather punchy, a fab way to kick off a Monday. E mails flurrying about, on furniture shopping, food shopping and the Suisse challenge of getting all things done BEFORE 7pm as the shops close then (well, most, yet in the villages as early as 6pm). And amongst "discussing" (e-banter???) shop closing times, Xavier decides to remind me that he is correct after all with 7pm closure for Coop, Fly (no, not a hip hop store, a furniture store actually) and I forget what else. So I take it upon myself and embrace

...being a brat: countering with something mischevious and childlike

and simply return an e mail stating "(sticking tongue out)", thenpromptly returning to my work as that is why I am paid.

Out of nowhere, my Cheeky Monkey appears in my office, only to quickly stick his tongue out at me and run off! Arg! And then, to rub salt into my wound of dammit-why-did-I-not-think-of-that-first, he kindly sends me an e mail to remind me that he was first.

Oef!

And to top it off, he is now a subscriber to my blog (good thing!), holding me accountable to making more than the occassional post. (yes, I know, I have not been the best...). And of course he sent me an e mail to let me know!

Let's see who gets the "touche" moment when we go salsa dancing tomorrow.

(sticking tongue out)!

question-- what is your brat-ness?

2 comments:

Xavi said...

yes !!! one blog entry, where you even talk about me ! yayoo !! I hope that you will now keep your blog up to date. Enjoy the year in the merde.

ignorant bliss said...

I am enjoying it indeed!