09 November 2008

cleaning house...

Yeps, I figured I would pull an Obama tonight and clean house! :)

I got up this morning with the intention of driving to Montreux for ice cream, as I do regularly since the drive is fab and the best place in Suisse for is! is! is Paradise.

Then I got a calling that it is time to start

...cleaning house: getting rid of almost everything and anything to make room for the new and ordered.

I threw out about 7 IKEA bags worth of clothes, donating them. Got rid of old paperwork, filed away the important ones. Made space in my drawers and closets so that there is plenty of room. I was proud when I was able to have 2 drawers in my chest of drawers completely open. Plus 2 shelves in my closet, and both of my closets are half empty. It feels wonderful!

I have about 15 boxes of things that I have been lugging around for a bit in my cave that I need to throw out. I will not even look at what is in it, just throw it and donate it away.

I am giving my Barbie collection to Sophia, as she has 3 daughters.

I will continue doing this all week. I want and need to create space. It makes me happy and is fulfilling, and I am grateful for having the inspiration to do it. I have realised that I am ready for a partner, have been for a long time, including family, and it struck me today that I am not living like I am ready for one! With all of my stuff everywhere, there would not be room for another. So in addition to my cleaning house spiritually over a year ago, it hit me that I need to do it physically as well. Ask, believe, receive!

Now all I need is to find a larger car to carry the boxes away!

question-- what is your 'cleaning house'?

No comments: